Scott M. Sachs, CPA '12 C-Suite Advisor Since 2012
Senior Managing Director | Premier Financial Search
Scott M. Sachs, CPA, is a Senior Managing Director with Premier Financial Search, specializing in the placement of Partners, Directors and Sr. Managers in public accounting firms. Scott leverages his skills and wisdom developed during his nearly 35-year career in public accounting to ensure he has a deep understanding of specific firm and position requirements as well as the talent, value, and needs of individual candidates. This includes identifying with and understanding firm culture, strategy, vision, growth and advancement opportunity. It also includes the ability to identify quality talent within a professional and understand the drivers behind their ability to thrive and succeed to find the best cultural and operational fit for the remainder of their career.
Scott retired from his career in public accounting as the Office Managing Partner for CohnReznick’s Los Angeles offices, which he held for more than 13 years. During his tenure at CohnReznick, Scott also served as an elected member of the Firm’s Executive Board and the Regional Managing Partner for the West Region. Before CohnReznick, Scott served clients as a partner at Arthur Andersen.
As a leader, Scott has expertise in recruiting, developing, and advancing talented professionals and future leaders.
He has been directly involved with the recruiting of more than 20 lateral partners during his career. Further, he has successfully recruited hundreds of additional accounting and practice management professionals.
His ability to connect with people and genuinely understand the drivers of their success have been a key factor.
Scott has broad experience with strategic planning, budgeting, building teams, and succession planning, deal negotiation, growth, revenue enhancement, and driving profitability. He has also developed, supervised, and conducted professional development courses in the audit and accounting fields.
- University of California at Berkeley: Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting Concentration
- Junior Achievement of Southern California, Board of Directors
- CohnReznick Foundation, Board of Directors
- The Water Buffalo Club, Active Member
- Boys & Girls Club of West Valley, Former Board of Directors
- Los Angeles Jewish Home’s Eisenberg Village and Grancell Village, Former Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors
- Girl Scout Council of the San Fernando Valley, Former Member of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ernst & Young LLP Alumni Association of Greater Los Angeles, Former Board of Directors
- Entrepreneurship Institute, Former Advisory Board Member