Tell the story of your brand or service and how it has evolved over the years.
Named by Franciscan monks who first occupied the land in the late 1700s, San Ysidro Ranch pays homage to Saint Isidore, the patron saint of Madrid and of farmers. For over 129 years, San Ysidro Ranch has welcomed discerning travelers, heads of state, and Hollywood icons to experience an oasis of relaxation and serenity. As the longest-standing luxury resort in the community, we are firmly committed to our legacy of excellence and the unparalleled service that makes San Ysidro Ranch one of the world’s most exclusive boutique resorts for a romantic getaway or peaceful retreat. We are constantly evolving to meet consumer needs and the ever-changing travel landscape.
For example, during the pandemic we included meals with the nightly rate to streamline the travel process, encouraging guests to stay on property and enjoy the outdoor-focused amenities. This was so well-received by guests that we decided to stick with this complimentary dining model.
What sets your brand apart from other brands offering the same types of services?
San Ysidro Ranch boasts a history that may be traced back to the earliest days of Santa Barbara, serving as an icon of the region for more than a century. We aim to capture the essence of the American Riviera and reflect the spirit of the destination in our unique amenities, award-winning dining, world-class wine and spirits program, intimate accommodations, and gracious hospitality. The ranch prides itself on serving as a serene haven for guests who value five-star service, ultimate privacy, and A-list discretion.
List 5 or more interesting facts about your brand or service that you’d like consumers to know about.
- San Ysidro Ranch is a 550-acre haven that opened in 1893, was once owned by film star Ronald Colman, and most recently was acquired by American businessman Ty Warner in 2000.
- The resort was previously a working citrus ranch, and in 1889 a large sandstone packing house was built, later to become the Michelin-touted Stonehouse restaurant still featuring citrus and other ingredients grown in the on-site organic gardens on the seasonal menu by Executive Chef Matt Johnson.
- San Ysidro Ranch has been a Wine Spectator Grand Award winner every year since 2014, the only cellar with such an honor in all of California’s Central Coast, and features a 12,000-bottle wine cellar including the only complete vertical of Chateau Petrus in North America with 70 vintages dating back to the famed 1945.
- Known for its world-class service and idyllic setting, famous guests over the years have included the Kennedys, Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Groucho Marx, Winston Churchill, and Sinclair Lewis—and others more recently you may read about in People but that you will never hear about from us.
- Rates include complimentary dining, complimentary cottage-side parking with ChargePoint L2 electric vehicle chargers, and no resort fee.
- For an additional fee, guests have the opportunity to reserve a golf experience at the new Jack Nicklaus Signature Course at the exclusive members-only Montecito Club, a partner property from Ty Warner Hotels & Resorts.
Describe the “why” of your brand.
We have built our reputation on creating one-of-a-kind experiences that capture the essence of Santa Barbara, being tucked away in lush hillsides with stunning ocean views, the experience of complete privacy and bucolic vibrancy. We have a passion for creating inspiring culinary experiences and distinctive moments with the goal of creating unforgettable, cherished memories.
Describe any achievements your company has experienced over the years
We take great pride in being the only Forbes five-star resort in Santa Barbara, being the only Wine Spectator Grand Award winner on California’s Central Coast, and continually being recognized among the top hotels in the world, including in the coveted Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure Readers’ Choice Awards.
What else would you like a consumer or partner to know about your brand?
Tucked against the foothills of the Santa Ynez Mountains, the resort is marked by its incredibly lush grounds and blooming gardens, canopied by eucalyptus and sycamore trees. The 38-intimate bungalow-style cottages feature individually decorated interiors adorned with antiques and artwork collected from around the world, cozy fireplaces, and private backyard gardens with outdoor rain showers and oversized sunken spas. We have a very talented, seasoned staff that delivers a personalized, memorable experience designed to match guests’ every need.